My friend Dr. Rob tagged me with the “8 random facts” meme. I’m supposed to list 8 little known facts about myself, and then tag 8 other bloggers to go and do likewise. Although I’ve never participated in chain mail, I’m a sucker for a good blog meme and will bite on this one.
Eight little known things about Dr. Val…
1. I once worked for a marketing research firm that regularly sent me and a camera crew to the homes of wet vac owners to videotape their home use technique. That was some entertaining videography, I can tell you.
2. I have 3 citizenships – US, Canada, and the UK
3. My dad once unionized a group of pickle factory workers, and was fired the next day.
4. I worked as a bartender in Manhattan while I was in medical school.
5. My car was hit by a drunk driver once, so I chased him down, forced him off the road and demanded his license and registration. Probably a dangerous move, but I was really angry.
6. As a child I wanted to grow up to be a Hollywood special effects artist. I still love to watch movies like Lord of the Rings and Alien because of the special effects.
7. I was a precocious little kid – when I was 6 years old my mother’s friend asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, “a philanthropist.”
8. I worked as a nanny in Quebec for a summer. The kids called me the “monstre de betteraves” (the “beet monster”) because I ate so many beets from their garden. They had a pressure cooker – and the fresh beets were so sweet and tasty! How could I resist?
Ok, well those are my 8 random facts… now I will nominate 8 bloggers to give me the dirt on themselves (if they’re up to the challenge):
Let’s learn a little about each other, shall we?This post originally appeared on Dr. Val’s blog at RevolutionHealth.com.