Reviewing some of the #nmas10 tweets from the audience, I figured I should provide some links for the anecdotes I mentioned:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center CEO Paul Levy’s blog is still the starting point when talking about transparency in medicine today. I had the chance to speak with him a few years ago.
- Ed Bennett has done an extraordinary job following hospital social media adoption and highlights effective new media policies as well.
- Hospitals are using twitter and billboards to broadcast emergency department waiting room times. This is not without risk, as billboards may not clarify the triage process, where seriously-ill patients will be seen right away.
- ACEP president Angela Gardner’s Twitter feed and ACEP’s blog.
- A recap of Better Health bloggers’ meeting with Rep. Jack Ryan last summer during the healthcare reform debate.
- Recent articles from NEJM and JAMA articles on medical students and social media.
- A lot of the developments in openness in peer review and the world of grant funding are chronicled at Nature’s Peer-to-Peer blog. Bora Zivkovic has been and active an articulate defender of open publications as well.
*This blog post was originally published at Blogborygmi*