You too can have ideal cardiovascular health. What is that you may ask? The American Heart Association has come out with a new report that defines it.
Ideal cardiovascular health means you do all of the following:
1. You do not smoke
2. You are not overweight (normal body mass index, or BME less than 25)
3. You get regular physical activity, about 5 hours a week
4. You eat a healthy diet low in saturated fats and simple sugars
You also have the following:
1. Your total cholesterol is normal (generally below 200 or a healthy ratio of total cholesterol and HDL (good) cholesterol)
2. Your blood pressure is aroung 120/80
3. Your fasting blood sugar is less than 100 (better yet 90 or less)
All of these are within reach of most everyone, with or without treatment. Ideal health is a choice and requires a commitment to action. Go for it. There are no justifiable excuses.
*This blog post was originally published at eDocAmerica*