My old friend and mentor, Ves Dimov, MD at Clinical Cases and Images shared some great instructions about how to start using social media as medical professionals.
– Start on Twitter, expand to a blog as natural progression.
– Input your blog posts automatically to a Facebook like/fan page.
– Listen to the leading physicians, nurses and patients’ voices on Twitter, and reply.
– Comment on blogs.
– Do not be afraid to share your expertise.
– Comply with HIPAA and common sense.
Also here is what Ves thinks about using Twitter.
I have published a series of similar entries on my Medicine 2.0 page.
*This blog post was originally published at ScienceRoll*