The Wellness Assessment for Youth to Get Organized! (WAY2GO!) is an online survey for teens that asks questions about their nutrition, exercise, sexual, safety, substance use, emotional and social health, and provides an immediate individually-tailored report with resources.
The report also links teens to free Vive health coaching that teens can use to develop a personal wellness plan that includes regular messages sent to their computer or cellphone to support their health goals (e.g., remembering medication, packing a lunch, not using the computer for more than an hour at a time, etc.)
The WAY2GO! is being pilot-tested in Santa Clara County and if you would like to participate in the testing of the first online assessment for youth, please follow the instruction below and feel free to contact me (email@example.com) with feedback.
2. Select “New User”
3. Enter Keyword = WAY2GO
4. Select “I have read and accept the above practices.”
5. Register – sorry this is a lot of information – remember this is confidential.
6. Select “Take new WAY2GO!”
7. In the Introduction tab – Please ignore “Lab Information” just read the introduction.
8. Complete each section and click “Save & Continue”
- Be honest – remember nobody knows and the report will only be accurate if you tell the truth.
- Please do not look at other people’s answers – respect privacy!
9. Review your answers – click “edit section” if something is wrong.
10. Select “Save my answers and review report”
11. Yes – opt in – I understand and agree to have…
12. Select “click here to see report.”
13. Review each section of your report If you click off to see resources, remember to come back to report
14. Note the links to Vive under nutrition section do not work – sorry!
15. Now go back to HOME (top left) and select Go to VIVE
16. Welcome to Vive! To get started, check out our starter packages to help you get started with a few scheduled activities!
- To view starter packages go to the “Activities” tab where it says “For a one-click boost, check out some Activity Package,” and click the link. Add and/or edit the starter package of your choosing!
- If you want to edit your reminder message preferences after adding a starter package (right now they are set up for text message and email), go to “Activities”, edit the activities you want to change, and fix your reminder preferences (email, text message, or no reminder at all).
17. If you want to get started on your own, go to the “Activities” tab, browse through our various health activity categories, and add 3 or 4 activities that you’ll actually do (don’t add too many!). Set up your activities with a goal, then decide if you need a text message or email reminder to actually get the activity done.
18. If you’ve chosen to receive health tips and reminders via text message or want to use Vive-it on your cell phone, go to “Account” then “Profile,” enter your cell phone number, hit “Create Profile” (at bottom of page), and then respond to the Vive verification text message once you get it!
19. Go back to your homepage and your health activities will appear in your Game Plan where you can check them off and enter data for them as you go!
20. Check out our health challenges on the right side of the home page if you want to compete with other users in a fun, social week- or month-long health challenge!
Feedback welcome here: Evaluation – WAY2GO!